The Selection Committee
Comprises of the following:
Colin Price. AWPF, PPSA, EFIAP, CMoL.
Gareth Parry. CPAGB.
Margaret Jones. QPSA, AFIAP.
The following members are on a revolving rota, of which one will be invited to join the above at selection meetings.
* David Hough
* Anne Jones
* Viv Evans
* Brian Ottewell
New Quay Camera Club
Selection Committee Guidelines
1. The selection committee will comprise of a maximum of four regular members, with one floating member invited to join in (all of these members will be reviewed on an annual basis).
2. The floating members will be in the order of names received for selection, this will be on a rota basis (see above *). If one or more of the floating members are unable to attend a meeting then the next one on the list will be contacted and so on. This will be on a revolving basis.
3. Twice a year the club will meet for a members’ selection evening, where members can bring in three of their best images for a club members selection. A maximum of two images per author from each category can be selected. These evenings will be for both prints and PDIs (a scoring system will be set up, that is simple and easily calculated).
4. The selection committee will then view images drawn from the above. They will also be able to select images from additional work seen throughout the year.
5. The selection process will involve each image being viewed by the four/five members of the selection committee who will score each image out of a maximum of five points (no discussion on each image will be passed at this point) These scores will then be added up after the viewing of all images has been completed; images with marks greater than ⅔ of the possible total will then be placed in the bank for potential future selection.
6. (Four members scoring marks out of five will have a maximum of 20 marks and a minimum of 13.5 marks, then allows an image to be placed in the bank so Five members scoring marks out of five will be a maximum of 25 marks and with a minimum of (16.75) 17 marks then allows an image to be placed in the bank, the acceptance of these images allows them to go forward for further selection. At this stage the committee will then discuss the merits of each image from the bank and select the best for entry in the relevant contest. All those that don’t make the grade will be discarded.
7. Images entered for external club competitions i.e. Carmarthen, Cardigan, Tenby and our own 5 way battle, will only be selected once. Those images can still be selected for the national competitions (WPF & PAGB) we enter (Pixels, Stanley Chell, The Memorial, and Only Mono), but only if they have done well enough in our external club competitions as may other outstanding work which comes forward.
8. Images used in any external competition will no longer be eligible for use again, in the following years.